Its up to you what the scope is.  But ugh...there's no nice way to do
this in the ClientRequest API right now.  What you could use is a
ClientRequestFactory:

ResteasyProviderFactory factory = new ResteasyProviderFactory();
factory.register(JsonProvider.class);

ApacheHttpClient4Executor executor = new ApacheHttpClient4Executor();

ClientRequestFactory requestFactory = new ClientRequestFactory(executor,
factory);

ClientRequest request = requestFactory.createRequest(uri);