API does not required a authentication.

I'm keep on getting

"533 [main] INFO org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthChallengeProcessor
- basic authentication scheme selected
535 [main] INFO org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector - No
credentials available for BASIC 'Quest Diagnostics (QDC) Internet '@
www.google.com:80"

Is it because I'm behind a firewall and I'm not allowed to call out side
(3rd party) web services?