Hi,

I'm working with a RestEasy client (proxy) which should be accessible from
several threads in parallel.

>From the reference guide [1] I learned that I need to configure a custom
ApacheHttpClient4Engine instance so it uses a thread-safe HTTP client
connection manager. This works as expected but there is a constructor
of ApacheHttpClient4Engine which takes a HttpContext and made me curious.

HttpContext is not intended for multi-threaded access (see comments on
BasicHttpContext and SyncBasicHttpContext), but ApacheHttpClient4Engine
does not perform any sort of synchronization. Is there any way of passing a
new context instance per request issued by the engine?

Thanks,

--Gunnar

[1]
http://docs.jboss.org/resteasy/docs/3.0.6.Final/userguide/html_single/#transport_layer