Hmmm ok weird one.

I had a missing classpath dependency.  However, even with that fixed no

I took a copy of ResteasyJackson2Provider and changed the produces/consumes
to be "application/json" instead of "application/*+json" and it worked fine.

On Mon Jan 26 2015 at 12:37:22 PM John D. Ament <>

> Hi,
> I'm using a simple SE client w/ RestEasy to talk to multiple systems.
> One system exposes its APIs using Jackson1 annotations and the other uses
> Jackson2 annotations.
> I create two distinct clients for each of them, one registering the
> jackson provider and the other registering the jackson2 provider.
> When clients on the second one run, they are getting the jackson provider
> instead of the jackson2 provider.
> I've confirmed through log output that
> client.register(provider);
> Is only called with the appropriate providers.  Yet the call stacks are
> showing the Jackson 1 provider when I'm expecting to use the Jackson2
> provider.  Is there any way I can force Resteasy to use the Jackson2
> provider other than client.register?
> Thanks,
> John
look and join the conversation now.