I think I have a quite interesting use case in our project, I had existing
service layer that now is being translated into JAX-RS endpoints by
exposing the existing service interfaces without changes and consuming them
through RESTEasy client proxies. Everything seems ok except for one thing,
we are struggling with RuntimeExceptions. Basically we had defined some
application level exceptions that we wish to propagate to the client. Since
they were runtime we didn't had defined the throws clauses for them. We
would like to have those exceptions propagated to the client, but at the
moment only what we got was some InternalServerErrrorException being thrown
on client side.

The question is only how we should approach to this problem, is there a way
to register a ExceptionMapper and then register a ClientResponseFilter to
process that, or there is maybe other way?

Jakub Narloch