I have an web application "A" that occasionally have to insert/update
records that belong to another application, "B". To manage this
requirement, application "B" expose some REST endpoints that application
"A" will call whenever it needs.

Problem is, we need to make sure that the inserts/updates occurring in both
applications are atomic.

Does anyone have done something similar and can point a solution? I know
that there's a debate whether transactions in REST are conceptually wrong,
but we're willing to break the rules in this case.