I have an urgent opening for Production Support. If you have any matching
profile, please send me ASAP with all details and updated resume.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] *
*Position: Production Support*
*Location: Raleigh, NC*
*Duration: 6 Months*
*Rate: $35/Hr - $38/Hr Max*
This role is within the Derivatives IT Support and Production Management
department (DSPM) within the Derivatives IT Division.
DSPM is responsible for 1st line business and production support, as well as
owns and acts as a guardian of Derivatives IT Division production
environment. The Department is responsible for support of many Front Office
and Back Office Business applications, including OTC Trade Entry systems,
Derivatives Trade Databases and settlement systems. Other responsibilities
include Business Continuity/ Disaster Recovery, Application Monitoring, Risk
The department also services Firm Wide initiatives like migration of
application infrastructure to the new data centers.
MAIN DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
1. Fielding support calls and emails from users groups in Front
Office, Operations, Product Control and Risk Measurement and Management.
2. Investigation/resolution of these calls. This involves an
understanding of the systems supported as well as the underlying business
3. Logging of support. Diligently log all calls as they come in, the
areas they affect and their resolution.
4. Escalation. Communicate issues to both first and second line
support, whether that be in other IT teams or other business teams.
5. Escalate serious or consistent problems to project or line
management for resolution.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• IT related degree
• Knowledge of ITIL or ITCMM concepts/foundations
• Minimum of 2 years IT Application Support experience.
• Demonstrable experience of resolving complex technical support
• Proven project delivery skills.
• Investment banking background – ideally back office processing
• Experience of structured software development methodology
TECHINICAL/BUSINESS SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
1) Understanding of full problem resolution life cycle.
2) Operating Systems UNIX – Solaris (2 yr min), Windows 2000/XP –
experience of working in this desktop environment. In-depth OS knowledge not
3) Database/Scripting technologies Sybase 12 or Oracle or SQL (2
years min), Perl/Shell scripting (1-2 years min)
4) Banking/Derivatives Knowledge, Understanding of Trade flow and
Trade lifecycle. (Swaps/Options/Payments)
(If not directly experienced, candidate MUST be able demonstrate they have
researched the above in-depth, to ensure that they are committed to move
into the Banking world.)
• Good Knowledge of Web Services
• Good knowledge of Visual Basic
• Good knowledge of OTC Derivative products
• Good knowledge of UML
Please feel free to call me for any query/suggestion.
Thanks & Regards
1125, US Hwy, 22 STE 1,
Bridgewater, NJ, 08807-2939 USA
Phone: 201-984-4940 Ext 532
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IT
Jobs & Resumes" group.
To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at