Candidate will be required to consult with project teams and functional
units on the design of important projects or services. Work on moderate to
complex projects and issues within a functional area. Candidate must be able
to work independently with IT functional units and business units and make
recommendations for improving service and system applications.
Candidate must be proficient in core systems administration functions such
as: Operating system installation, startup, shutdown, networking
configuration and administration, server performance management. Candidate
needs to be proficient in scripting techniques to automate manual processes
using Perl. Knowledge and troubleshooting for core services such as FTP,
DNS, DHCP, web services, and other key 3rd party products are key. Candidate
must also be able to take action without direct consultation for routine
problems that arise in everyday work. Escalates issues that potentially
affect availability or reliability of Enterprise Management systems and
applications or affects SLAs.
• Strong working knowledge of Enterprise Systems Management engineering with
CA-Unicenter NSM 3.1 & R11.x. Includes basic system administration
functions, maintaining server availability, and assuring network
functionality. Experience with management and monitoring of large and
complex IT Infrastructures.
• Provide application, systems and support documentation, and be involved in
troubleshooting, repair, escalation & problem resolution of the CA-
Unicenter NSM systems.
• Monitor daily operations and provide administration, troubleshooting and
maintenance of these systems (servers, applications and SQL databases) using
systems engineering methodologies and procedures.
• Possesses strong knowledge of application development technologies, tools
and methodologies. Strong understanding of complex internal business
processes and functions. Strategic thinker but able to leverage existing
technology and able to analyze and extract core issues in complex business
and technical processes. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience. At
least 5-10 years experience in LAN/WAN management and utilizing Enterprise
• Excellent oral and written communications skills, along with superior
customer service skills; and must be a self-starter with the ability to work
independently as well as in a team environment.
• System Administration (Mainframe; Windows; UNIX included Solaris, HP, AIX
• NSM Agent Technology: Workload Management/Real World Interface ,MVS/OS390;
OpenVMS; Tandem NSK; Windows2000- 2008
• Enterprise/Server/Security/Workload Scheduling (Autosys, CA 7; CA11,
CA-Scheduler in Win2000- 2008, Mainframe, UNIX, OpenVMS
• Service Desk/CMDB and NSM R11.x integration and 3rd party integration with
Location: Omaha, NE
Duration: 9 months
Thanks & Regards Peter Smith Astoline Inc
Off:: 732-658-9252| Fax: 732-348-9590 |e mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at