Below is a requirement, please go through it and let me know if you have any
consultants for this position. Kindly forward their resumes to
Please include the contact details also along with the updated resume.
Title: System Adminsitrator
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: Market Rate.
* Develops, organizes, manages, and supports web sites and web applications.
This position is 75% hands-on technical work on web applications that reside
on UNIX systems. The other 25% is project management.
* Candidate should have experience with a variety of java web applications
including development lifecycle, configuration management, deployment of new
versions of web applications, implementation planning, troubleshooting,
monitoring, and support.
* Candidate will work within a 12 member web engineering team, which is a
specialty of system administration, focused on supporting web applications.
* Candidate must have the ability to self-manage time, constraints, in a
rapidly changing technical environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Along with the team, candidate accepts responsibility to help support
approximately 60 production enterprise web applications. The
responsibilities include: on-call support,
troubleshooting, incident notification and resolution, problem management,
and post-mortem root cause identification.
2. Interacts with and coordinates activities of cross-functional teams,
including development, system administration, database administration,
network engineering and production support staff.
3. Provides technical leadership to web application development teams.
4. Helps to develop and document standard operating procedures and best
practices in our technical repository.
5. Has the ability to identify gaps and proactively improve system service
Technical Requirements of the position
1. Must be able to work 95% of the time on the UNIX / Linux command line.
2. Working knowledge of the following Protocols and Standards: HTTP, SSL,
CGI, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, cookies.
3. Significant experience supporting the technical components used in
enterprise internet applications.
4. Strong problem-solving and analysis skills are required.
5. Ability to analyze a problem at a system level and determine the root
cause at a technical [detail] level.
6. Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly to solve technical
7. Ability to interact with non-technical colleagues and communicate issues
in layman's terms.
8. Ability to document procedures for use by other engineers.
Technologies used in this position
* UNIX command line
* Veritas foundation suite, clustered file systems
* EMC server side SAN drivers ECC, Powerpath,
* Apache web server 2.x
* BEA Web Logic Application Server 8.x, 9.x
* perl scripting
* UNIX shell scripting
* Solaris 2.8/2.9/10
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3/4/5
* SNMP for java application server monitoring
* Mercury SiteScope
Summary: Provides network support to operational computer networks.Essential
Duties and Responsibilities: Assembles and configures network components and
associated services. Sets up and maintains basic network operations,
including assembly of network hardware. Performs network troubleshooting to
isolate and diagnose common network problems. Upgrades network hardware and
software components as required. Installs, upgrades and configures network
printing, directory structures, rights, security, software and files
services. Provides users with network technical support. Responds to needs
and questions of users concerning their access of network resources.
Establishes network users, user environments, directories, and security for
networks being installed. Installs and tests necessary software and
*Candidates mush show how many years experience they have with each required
skill set in the skill matrix and the Day, Month & Year they last used each
skill set. Resume can not be submitted without this information*.
Tech Interview Required
Date Last Used
Linux (Operating System)
Thanks & Regards
Magnus International Group Inc.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reks
and resumes" group.
To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at