Here is the requirement for *Data Modeler with basic DBA skills and
QA. * Please
let me know if you have any suitable profile for this requirement.
*Position: Data Architect (hands-on style with Oracle
DBA skills/experience as well at starting ASAP through June 2011. *
*Location: Detroit, MI *
*Duration: 6+ Months*
*Rate $45/Hr Max*
*Equipment Reqd: Cell Phone, Compaq 6220/6320/6400/6510b/6910p
Laptop, Word/Excel/PP/Outlook, VISIO, MS-Project, Antivirus*
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Applications.
· 3-5 years experience in application development lifecycle
· Minimum 2 years experience in application testing methods using
industry standard testing tools such as Test Director, Mercury suite
· Good knowledge of industry process standards/Model (such as
CMM/CMMI/CMMI-ACQ, ISO, TOGAF etc.)
· Practical knowledge and experience with database administration
and data modeling and associated tools and methodologies.
· Strong experience with Oracle databases required.
Requires the following skills and practical hands on experience:
· Data Modeling
· Data Management
· Database Design
· Data Integration
· Data Sizing and Performance Tuning
· Backup and Recovery
· Metadata Management
· Data Administrator
· Database Operator
· Database Administrator
· System DBA
· Application DBA
· ITIL Certification
· Possess Six Sigma, Lean and other contemporary skills for
· Advanced degree desirable
· Consulting with and reviewing Global Product Development projects
for adherence to architecture standards and for solution architecture design
and integration with the GPD application and infrastructure environment from
a data and database point of view.
· Actively collaborate with the architecture, Verification and PMO
teams with the objective of driving successful execution of the projects
from a technical and process perspective respective.
· Recommends Data Policy and the technical solution for the
management, storage, access, navigation, movement, and transformation of
· Specifies and recommends DBMS and ETL tools and technologies for
structured and unstructured content.
· Recommends and specifies a Metadata Repository solution
· Recommends and reviews semantically rich business model of the
enterprise problem domain that:
o Is independent of any technology solution
o Defines the Content of the business
· Understands and can recommend Enterprise Schema across all
· Has experience in the principles of good canonical data design.
· Can recommend opportunities to provide data reuse, balancing the
issues of centralization and replication.
· Reviews the policies and recommends solutions to Data Base
· Focuses on the standards/technologies for enabling systems
performance qualities, i.e. availability, scalability, recoverability, etc.
· Evaluates and recommends the enterprise's server hardware,
operating system, job control.
· Supports the Applications architect in selecting the application
· Balances the quality issues cost vs. robustness, and hardware
architecture, such as share-nothing n-tier vs. share-all symmetric
· Provides consulting on performance benchmarks.
· Recommends and suggests sizing of the application and recommends
the hardware and configuration to use.
· Participates in the drafting of Service Level Agreements (SLA).
· Recommends a process to monitor existing systems for performance
Please feel free to call me for any query/suggestion.
Thanks & Regards
1125, US Hwy, 22 STE 1,
Bridgewater, NJ, 08807-2939 USA
Phone: 201-984-4940 Ext 532
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IT
Jobs & Resumes" group.
To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at