) Manage day-to-day administration of Oracle database systems.
Establish standards and procedures and monitor execution of day-to-day
operations and administration of these systems.
(2) Work with IT team to design, build, and maintain secure ORACLE
application/database systems to meet production and support needs.
Build, maintain, and refresh numerous project and development
application/database environments as needed by IT teams, including
organizing space and server capacity.
(3) Establish and maintain standards and procedures for database
maintenance including building environments, patching, and testing for
Oracle and SQL Server environments. Establish and maintain records
for built environments, patches, and tests. Install and configure
Oracle environments according to these standards and procedures.
(4) Plan and document DBA activities (Oracle) including procedures,
project plans, time lines, etc. for IT management review.
(5) Maintain direct relationship with current system vendors to ensure
support on systems as required.
(6) Establish standards and procedures for daily backups, including
tape replenishment, vaulting service documentation, and media
rotation. Monitor the administration of daily backups for Oracle
Applications and other Oracle enterprise applications used by Advent
according to those standards and procedures
(6) Support and maintain key application utilities, including but not
limited to: Concurrent Manager, archive log copy to DR site,
maintenance of the DR standby environment, Oracle web and form
servers, VERITAS, Quest monitoring, patch logs, SQL Server agents/
(7) Carry database duty phone to provide 7x24 support coverage.
Location: Bay Area,CA
Experience Needed: 10 years +
Duration: 6 Months
Thanks & Regards
Assentia Software Inc.,
408 986 9808 ext 203
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at