Telecomm Project Manager
Face to face interview
The Project Manager will be managing voice mail implementations for 160
offices throughout the state).
- Cisco IPT
- Large scale (5K+ users) VoIP imp. exper
- Unity PBX
- Structure cabling
- Voice mail on servers (rather than PBX)
- Octel voice mail
- Managed projects from beginning to end
- Government experience
The Verizon Business - Professional Services Project Manager will be
responsible for managing complex and/or strategic Data, Voice & Video CPE
projects, including Managed Network Services, VoIP, PBX, Structured Cabling,
Wireless, network security, subcontractor management, as well as provide
staff augmentation and professional services (Program\Project Management,
Project Coordination) services to Verizon Business clientele. Knowledge in
the design/operation of network transport architectures (ATM/SONET/DWDM/DSx,
etc) and demonstrated experience in managing projects utilizing PMI based
project management methodologies is as requirement. This position is based
in Boston, MA.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- PMI (PMP) certification, or be working toward it.
- 3-5 years experience in managing complex data communications, IT and
Internet projects, Telephony CPE product implementations (Nortel, Cisco &
Alcatel VoIP PBX), ATM/Frame/SONET/DWDM, LAN/WAN migrations and management
(MNS) and supporting infrastructures, Wireless, as well as Internet Security
in a project management, or related position
- Demonstrated experience managing large-scale data integration projects
with a total revenue exceeding 1 million dollars.
- Experience coordinating and managing all project labor resources,
including engineers, sub-contractors, consultants, and all other personnel
involved with the execution of the project.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Formal project management training a plus (PMI, ESI/GWU, etc.)
- Ability to develop and maintain project plans utilizing Microsoft Project
and other scheduling tools.
- Strong Leadership, Organization, and Planning Skills
- Self directed, ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective communications skills and demonstrated strong
teaming/interpersonal skills are essential.
- Knowledge with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to negotiate with customers, subcontractors and internal clients.
- Single Point of Contact and overall leadership during the implementation
of a customer's data, voice or video network.
- Update and maintain project implementation schedules.
- Chair all internal and customers project meetings, and create and
distribute meeting minutes and action items register.
- Determine appropriate subcontractor and Verizon personnel staffing
- Manage cross-functional teams comprised of Verizon business units and
subcontractors associated with the project implementation.
- Coordinate the installation and testing of all local and inter-exchange
- Create comprehensive project plans, set customer expectations, and create
- Review all equipment orders for accuracy and order any additional
equipment necessary to complete the project.
- Ensure proper equipment inventory levels during project implementation.
- Authorize all vendor progress payments.
- Obtain customer acceptance for all site installations.
- Initiate customer billing in accordance with customer contract.
- Ensure accuracy of all project documentation in compliance with ISO 9001
- Update and maintain customer project file in accordance with ISO 9001
- Initiate maintenance and network management activation in accordance with
- Manage all assigned projects in a manner that will ensure that each
individual project is at or below the pre-established budgeted cost for that
- Contribute to the over-all profitability of the appropriate VNI region.
- Assist the Area PMO Manager, Sr. Project Managers, and Area Ops &
Engineering Managers on issues impacting project delivery or budgets.
- Mentor new PM's on methods or processes to improve their project
management skill sets.
Nihaki Systems Inc
Office No: 732-823-6575 ext 109
Cell : 973-658-5962
Fax : 732-438-6973
346 Georges Rd, Ste#1,
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IT
Jobs & Resumes" group.
To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at