H ello,

This is my direct client opening for a *Senior MySQL DBA - San Francisco,
CA.* This is a 6+ Months Contract position. The Hourly rate is DOE.

*Description

*Our clients application data is stored on multiple, highly available MySQL
databases. These databases form the core of both data storage and reporting,
and they pose some tricky performance challenges. The individual chosen for
this position will be responsible for improving the overall performance and
scalability of these databases. The ideal individual for this position will
have an excellent understanding of MySQL and InnoDB internals, and they will
be experts at solving performance bottlenecks.

As a *Senior MySQL Database Administrator/Developer* your job
responsibilities will include:
* Benchmarking current database performance and measuring performance
improvements as they are made
* Optimizing database queries
* Working with Java developers to understand and improve application use of
the databases
* Examination of and possible re-architecture of database schemas to improve
performance
* Examination of database logs and statistics to adjust database and storage
engine variables for performance improvement

*Required Skills:
** 7+ years experience building, managing, and interfacing with large
relational databases
* 3+ years experience building, managing, and interfacing with large
implementations of MySQL
* Specific experience optimizing MySQL servers and queries in a MySQL 5.x
environment
* Extensive experience with ANSI SQL, including the use of store procedures,
functions, and triggers
* Experience with the InnoDB storage engine
* Experience with Hibernate implemented on MySQL
* Experience with standard UNIX utilities and shell scripting (bash, ksh)
* Formal training in database administration, data modeling, or database
technologies desirable.
* Demonstrated understanding of distributed databases and replication
* Demonstrated understanding of database backup and recovery

*Desired Skills:
** Technical experience in Java-based web application development
* Specific experience with CentOS in an x86 environment, particularly MySQL
on CentOS

*Please complete the following skills-matrix and send back with your updated
resume.
*
Full Name:
Degree Major:
Total IT experience:
Total MySQL DBA experience:
Total Experience with large relational databases:
Total experience with large implementations of MySQL:
Total experience optimizing MySQL servers and queries in a MySQL 5.x
environment:
Total experience with ANSI SQL, including the use of store procedures,
functions, and triggers:
Total Experience with the InnoDB storage engine:
Total Experience with Hibernate implemented on MySQL:
Total Experience with standard UNIX utilities and shell scripting (bash,
ksh):
Do you have Demonstrated understanding of distributed databases and
replication?
Do you have Demonstrated understanding of database backup and recovery?
Do you have any CentOS in an x86 environment Experience?
Hourly Rate:
Whether is it C2C/1099/W2?
Day Phone #:
Evening Phone #:
Cell Phone #:
Availability:
Current City/State:

Thanks & Regards………

* *

*Pramod **Dubey***

* *

*BeyondTek IT - "Think Human. Think Technology. Think Beyond."  *

Phone: 714-857-2010 Extn: 801

Fax: 714-364-9705

Email ID:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yahoo IM: Pramod_Beyondtekit

Note: We respect your Online Privacy. This is not an unsolicited mail. This
mail cannot be considered Spam as long as we include Contact information and
a method to be removed from our mailing list. If you are not interested in
receiving our e-mails then please reply with a "remove" to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] in the subject line and mention all the e-mail
addresses to be removed with any e-mail addresses, which might be diverting
the e-mails to you