Mainframe Tester (7-10 years related experience)
Sioux Falls, SD
Note: This is a 3 months assignment, with potential to extend up to 6 months.
Position Description: Experience Level: Bachelor's degree plus 7-10 years related experience including familiarity with testing automation tools.
Description: Responsible for handling the most complex quality assurance and test environment problems and issues. Acts as a lead in the creation, preparation, and conduct of quality assurance reviews and the development and execution of test plans and test scripts. Works with client to establish and maintain a consistent test methodology and to resolve questions during the testing process. May serve as a coordinator for all testing activities on a project. Analyzes, tests, and certifies application-specific software and performs ambiguity reviews of business requirements and functional specification documents. Uses advanced knowledge of applications to provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and resolving highly complex test problems. Researches new products and industry methodologies and facilitates the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards. Plans and directs quality assurance schedules and assignments, and monitors project status in comparison to cost/time projections. Logs, tracks, and verifies resolution of software and specification defects. Documents all phases of QA process. Directs and serves as a mentor to less experienced staff.
- Looking for a highly experienced, hands-on web and GUI application Automation expert, using QTP as automation tool, to complete a short term assignment, in the analysis, designing, scripting and automating of test cases/scenarios.
- The individual should be a subject matter expert for multiple programs/systems.
- The candidate should also be in the caliber of a Sr. QA Analysts and will work on projects of high complexity, within multiple development environments.
- They'll be responsible for the planning, designing, casing, scripting and execution of mainframe test cases.
- The successful candidate will work with business SQA's to define automation goals for each product (Web and Expedite and Applelets).
- Develop libraries for each product to enable the required functional testing automations.
- Develop tests for each product.
- Develop functionality to integrate GUI test frameworks with test infrastructure so that tests can be automatically run and the results reported.
- Ensure that tests are being run and proactively maintain tests or see that they are maintained.
- The assignment primarily to design script and automate mainframe testing scripts (regression and new functionality) so very good knowledge of _vbscript_ (in order to use QTP effectively) and SQL is required.
- Must also be savvy in QualityCenter, Win Runner, QuickTestPro, Script, SQL, Excel, Word and Visio
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Over 7 + years of experience in the following:
- Experience in Web, graphical user interface applications, and some database test automation a must.
- Experience with Automated test methodologies and Automation Frameworks is required.
- Lead in the design and planning of automated test architecture and implementations.
- Analyzing requirements, designing and executing automated test cases, test conditions.
- Excellent understanding of industry standard testing methodologies, processes, and procedures -At least 7+ years of hands on Experience with Quick Test Professional (QTP) automated tool is a must.
- Strong programming skills in scripting languages such as _vbscript_ and Java.
- Strong team player who is proficient at time management and multitasking and is able to meet deadlines and handle changing priorities.
- Metrics gathering, analysis, and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated team player who performs well in a team-oriented environment.
- 7+ plus years of experience in testing and automating Web and GUI
- 7+ application
- 7 + Years using QTP, as the preferred automation tool Advanced Structured Systems Analysis Advanced HTML, Java, ASP, C++ and _vbscript_s
- Excellent ability to design smart automation scripts, that are easy to update and maintain
- Experience using Mercury Quality Center Experience with test data set-up and data conditioning for a banking application
- Expert ability to apply concepts of unit, system, regression, product, integration and acceptance testing.
- Ability to use testing tools, techniques and practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, I.S./related discipline or the equivalent in education and work experience
Platform and Skill Set Expertise:
Web Development: Java, VB .Net, Visual Basic, JSP
QA Testing: Test Case Development, QA Testing, WinRunner
Analysis Skills: Business Analysis
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IT Jobs & Resumes" group.
To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.co.in/group/it-jobs--resumes?hl=en