*Hi Friends Greetings,*
*Please send your resume to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
*JOB TITLE: MAINFRAMES DEVELOPER WITH Ominiplus, COBOL, JCL, DB2*
*Duration: 10 months*
*Location: Kansas City*
*Skills: Ominiplus, COBOL, JCL, DB2*
The IT Core Application Technical Lead is a technical resource responsible
for development and support of Retirement Plan Services (RPS) core
applications. Qualified candidates will bring a positive attitude, strong
analysis skills, initiative, and a willingness to go the extra mile to get
the job done. Our team operates in an extremely fast paced, dynamic
environment which does include overnight on-call support (24/7) for our
enterprise critical applications. This position will involve in depth
problem solving, analysis, coding, testing, and deployment activities. In
addition, application performance tuning experience is a plus as we
continuously review our systems to maximize processing efficiencies.
· Create/document Program Specifications including walk thru with
other Tech Leads
· Facilitate/participate in walk thrus of design specifications,
test plans and code with systems and business community members
· Perform data analysis with DA/DBA
· Lead / participate in application performance tuning efforts
· Develop software according to company and industry standards
· Create, document and execute unit test components in accordance
with company standards including supporting documentation and review with
other Technical Leads
· Fix defects found during all testing phases.
· Assist in integrating the tested components and producing the
final build of the application.
· Assist in ensuring proper deployment of the application through
the various test environments and production; including coordination with
other Developers in the use of common components in DIT/SIT/Model Office
· Support users during User Acceptance Testing and Pilot Testing as
· Mentor other Developers as appropriate
· Provide on-call support for RPS system processes (including
overnight on-call support).
· Work with other Developers to document coding standards, setup and
maintenance of development environments, etc.
· Coordination with third party vendors and external partners as
support related issues arise and/or as upgrades are necessary.
· Minimum 5 years current work experience in
an MVS application programming environment is a must.
· Ability to work in a distributed
environment installing and monitoring vendor software packages including
Omni Plus, OmniPay, OmniTrade, PowerImage EXP, Fundlinks, may be required.
*Competencies (if applicable):*
· Five or more years recent MVS mainframe
experience utilizing COBOL, DB2, VSAM, JCL, TSO/ISPF and Endeavor.
· UNIX experience is a plus.
· Windows Server experience a plus
· Experience with full systems development
· Strong analysis skills and the ability to
· Proficient using Microsoft Office suite of
· Strong oral, written and interpersonal
Please call me if you have any questions.
MetaPro IT Solutions
Ph : 913-660-0395
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IT
Jobs & Resumes" group.
To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at