Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: new york, NY
Duration: 1 year
Rate : market /Per day
- Managing and administering Nortel and Cisco networking equipment.
- Administering Windows Servers
- Administer and ConfigureMonitoring Systems, including HP Openview and
Microsoft Operations manager
- Providing technical support by consulting with users to diagnose and resolve
problems on multiple software or hardware platforms;
- Collaborating with other system engineers to effectively manage all servers
networking and storage maintained by the firm throughout their operational
- Leading in the planning and the implementation of new system services,
policies, procedures and security rules for the firms network;
- Assisting in planning, implementing and maintaining the Microsoft Windows
Active Directory Services infrastructure for the firms Windows 2003 Forest;
- Assisting in backup/recovery procedures and high availability monitoring and
- Maintaining an educated awareness of evolving information technologies
through professional publications, outside contacts and ongoing professional
- Based on this knowledge, researching and proposing changes to network
infrastructure, operating systems, and applications to ensure continuous
operations, desired performance and service;
- Performing other related duties as required or assigned.
- A bachelor's degree, or the equivalent combination of education, training and
experience from which comparable skills can be acquired;
- 5-7 years of experience;
- Significant coursework in computer systems and other technical fields;
- Extensive knowledge and experience on TCP/IP, Routing, (BGP, OSPF, RIP,
etc), VLANS, QOS, MPLS, VPN.
- Experience administering Active Directory and Windows 2003 servers.
- Experience with HP Openview and Microsoft Operations Manager. Knowledge of
Solar Winds a plus.
- Experience with SANs and storage administration, with EMC Clariion or DMX
storage administration preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to learn about new information technology tools is
- Communicates clearly both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively with staff, faculty and
- Ability to independently seek out and utilize information resources, such as
books, web sites, other electronic resources, and professional colleagues to
assess and solve problems;
- Motivation and ability to solve problems thoroughly, creatively, and under
- A master's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired;
- 10 Years related experience;
- Experience with Protocol analysis
- Experience in installation and management of VMware Server;
- VOIP experience desirable
PRIMUS Global Services, Inc.
1300 W Walnut Hill Ln, # 160
Irving TX 75038
Ph: 214-774-2210 Ext. 205
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gmail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at