Please send resumes on your H1 only!
Location: San Antonio, TX/Phoenix, AZ
Duration: 1 year plus
Mainframe QA Analyst in San Antonio or Phoenix:
Client needs a consultant with a solid foundation in the mainframe
system testing or/and development and experience with batch
This Quality Management Engineer (QME) will work within a collaborative
team that provides testing services for various financial & call center
There are two main goals for this position:
1. Develop a comprehensive proposal on the strategy for system
testing the mainframe applications/batch processes, skills, training and
documentation required and type of QM resources that will support this
2. Support and lead any mainframe application testing required
during the length of the contract (about 10% during the first 3-4
The candidate must be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in
the following areas:
* Test methodologies and techniques
* Software programming and scripting languages
* Expertise and proven experience with ADABAS/Natural and OS JCL
for MVS is required
* Demonstrated ability to evaluate testing requirements and gaps
and translate them in a testing approach/strategy and comprehensive set
of software test cases.
* Knowledge of testing tools including the creation and
maintenance of automated test cases, manual scripting, and defect
management tools for all types of black box testing.
* Test Data and multiplatform testing
* Batch Processes
* Project and task estimation and planning
* Systems specification analysis for maintenance and improvement
of supported applications
* COBOL development ( 1- 2 years of experience)
* Software change control procedures
* Functional testing techniques including systems, integration,
and regression testing
* Full software development lifecycle
* Experience with testing mainframe applications and client
server and web-based software
Candidate should also demonstrate:
* Strong verbal and written communication skills that
non-technical end users can understand
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years experience as a
Quality Assurance test analyst or Programmer / Analyst.
Experience with the following technologies is preferred: TMap,
Mainframe, OO analysis, Java, VB, XML, SQL, JSP, .NET.
Due to implementation of migration integrity compliance requirements,
this position has been created to perform an analysis on the impact of
the separation of duties between the development and testing of the
Due to compliance issues the development team can no longer do their own
testing on the applications they support.
The AFISG Quality Management team is comprised of QM Analysts (subject
matter experts on the business use of supported applications) focused on
the manual testing and QM Engineers performing automation and
performance testing and other technical services to support the rest of
the team. The QMAs and Development teams are located in San Antonio and
the QMEs in Phoenix.
Consulting Services Manager
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
"Excellence in fulfilling the promise"
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IT
Jobs & Resumes" group.
To post to this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at