Hope your are doing well! we have a very urgent rek with our client based in
Somerset, NJ. pls have a look in the rek. and send me profiles ASAP.
Role -: DB2 UDB Consultant
Rates -: $45/hr on c2c
Interview Type -: telephonic
Expected start date ASAP
Duration of role 1 year
Location in US Somerset , NJ
Technology DB2 UDB version 8.x, 9.1 and 9.7.
Strong understanding of HADR, STMM and WLM.
Backup recovery and software bugs/issues.
Strong understanding and experience of Unix, AIX 5.3, 6.1 and latest 7.1 is
Working exposure on various tools such as TSM, Maestro, Perl, BMC Patrol, BMC
Change manager Ability to write scripts perl/shell.
Ability to develop solutions to security and compliance issues
Deep understanding of virtual environment, SAN storage and network.
Test, document, and support UDB 9.7 software, patches, tools and features
· Test and support related features such as HADR, STMM and WLM
· Test related tools such as TSM, Maestro, Perl, BMC Patrol, BMC
· Test and document UDB software and tools features
· Package and test-deploy software using Marimba
· Write scripts for repetitive tasks such as maintenance routines,
· Maintain UDB including past versions 8.x, 9.1 including runstats,
reorgs, backups, restores, handle client bug issues
· Test operating system tunable settings.
· Work closely with DBMS vendors such as IBM, BMC to solve software
issues and carry out advanced diagnostics with care
· Ability to take instructions from multiple people
· Ability to work cooperatively as a team member with peers from
immediate and various external groups
· Develop solutions to security and compliance issues and instruct DB
Prod Supp to implement these
· Address DBA problems and questions e.g. hung thread, memory
consumption, client planning, db2top tool watch memory consumption, debug WIN
UDB server DB2 won't start, global snapshot in PE, file system issues, swap
spaces issues, db2cos, TSM testing to workaround WWF for compliance, pureXML -
prep environment for UDB 9.7 to test XML, keyword testing (Patrol) for HADR
Good to Have Skills IBM Performance Expert PE 3 (Optim Performance Manager
OPM4) Oracle (similar tasks to UDB) Oracle Enterprise Manager OEM Guardium
Strong verbal and written communication skills Work ethic to accept
responsibility for assigned tasks and delivery dates Ability to act
independently when possible, to complete a task end-to-end Ability to add
value (gather information to make choices, contribute to technical discussions)
Overall Experience 5 + years
pls respond me with updated resume with contact details.
IDC Technologies, Inc1851 McCarthy Blvd, Milpitas, CA 95035
E-: HYPERLINK "mailto:ac...@idctechnologies.com"ac...@idctechnologies.com
Connect me : G- nigamachin Y- achin_quest
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reks and
To post to this group, send email to recruitersandresu...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at