Hi Partner,
I have Systems Engineer/Admin position for your consultant, if anyone is
available please inform me ASaP.

*Role : Systems Engineer/Admin*

*Location: Kansas City, MO or Boston, MA (FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW REQUIRED!)*

*Duration: 3-6 months*

*CANDIDATES MUST BE EITHER FROM KANSAS CITY, MO OR BOSTON, MA! And must be
able to do a face to face interview for the role.*

Job Summary:

The Linux Systems Engineer will be responsible for the design,
implementation, and support of the company’s Linux infrastructure. This
position is highly technical in nature, requires excellent technical skills
in a variety of competencies, and the ability to learn and adopt new
technologies. The Linux Systems Engineer will join a team of highly
motivated engineers who are passionate about technology. The team is
responsible for supporting our 24x7 systems infrastructure.

Responsibilities:

·        Engineers, implements, and supports the organization’s Linux
systems infrastructure

·        Evaluates current Linux systems environments, conducts research,
recommends, and implements innovate systems technology that can enhance the
reliability, security, productivity, and efficiency of the Linux
infrastructure

·        Develops and maintains documentation of design, as well as,
on-going operation and administration of systems infrastructure

·        Contribute to and maintains technical standards for Linux systems
infrastructure

·        Provides fourth-tier support for the efficient resolution of Linux
systems-related incidents, service requests, and problems; and updates
service desk management tool accordingly

·        Assists other IT functional teams to troubleshoot critical Linux
business systems

·        Solves complex problems with many variables

Required Candidate Experience & Qualifications:

·        5+ years of experience as a Linux Systems Engineer, or a Linux
Administrator

·        Certifications preferred (e.g. Linux+ or  LPIC)

·        An Associate's degree or higher in computer science, MIS, IS,
related field or equivalent and related work experience

·        Extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of systems technology,
such as but not limited to Ubuntu Server 8 or higher, Landscape, Apache,
VMware vSphere 4 or higher, Moodle, Wordpress, and NAS and SAN (EMC,
Equallogic, NetApp)

·        Customer-centric attitude with internal and external customers

·        High level of written communication and documentation skills

·        Possess knowledge in ITIL processes such as Incident Management,
Problem Management, Change Management, Release Management, Service
Delivery, and Continual Service Improvement

·        Must be disciplined, dynamic and flexible to manage multiple
projects and tasks, work effectively in a rapidly changing environment and
meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines

·        Must be able to operate autonomously with little supervision to
achieve desired goals

·        Work weekends/nights on occasion for maintenance

·        Participate in weekly on-call support rotation

--

Tim Poole | Tech Tammina

703-349-3026