Position below ………..
Send me profiles : ar...@vedicsoft.com
*Role : Unix System Analyst -*
*Location: **Hightstown, NJ*
*Contract Duration: 8+ Months*
* Experience : 8+yrs *
*Skype or Telephone Interview*
*Job Description: *
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
• Work with customers on data centre transformation activities to confirm
(and document accordingly) existing Unix and Linux Systems and workloads,
develop Functional Specifications.
• Independently manage all aspects related to Unix Workload Integration
• Serve as liaison between the customer, Transition Team and the Datacentre
Tower to communicate difficult concepts and processes. Work with vendors
and contractors to define detailed technical requirements
• Participate in Application owner and Business User interviews to identify
system functions and architectural and network related dependencies
• Execute Discovery activities to fully identify and document the existing
Linux/Unix server inventory
• Work with the Datacentre Server Tower to develop and implement the
appropriate solution for successful transformation
• Consult on complex business issues and design considerations
• Responsible for the identification and documentation of system
requirements to enable the Technical Team to deliver the appropriate
solution for successful transformation
• Participate in the development and execution of the user acceptance test
plans, as well as schedule testing
• Create new documentation and processes as needed to help refine,
optimize, and/or to establish network functions and processes
*Education and Experience:*
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology Discipline and 6 or more
years professional experience
*8+ years of UNIX (Enterprise Red Hat, and/or Solaris, HPUX and AIX)
systems experience in a large, 24x7 high availability environment. *•
Extensive Experience with older operating systems including Tru64
• Proven Experience migrating legacy Linux servers to modern virtual
environments using products like Converter or Plate Spin
• In depth understanding of distributed networks
• Significant experience in the administration of SSL certs,
*Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:*
• Must have strong experience with physical hardware technologies
technologies for Unix including:
o HPUX-HP9000 etc.
o Solaris SPARC equipment
• Must have proven experience with deep technical aspects of enterprise
consolidation/ integration projects
• Must have strong communication skills, written and verbal
• Experience interviewing end users to gather requirements
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism in all internal and external
• Ability to analyse situations and challenges in a systematic, logical
• Ability to analyse data points extracted by automated and manual
• *Advanced Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) and VERITAS Cluster Server (VCS)
or other High-availability service.*
• *Experience with Send mail, Apache, Oracle Web logic, IBM Web Sphere,
• Experience with installation and *basic Oracle 10/11g* functions and
tuning the operating system components for peak performance
• Experience working with *Oracle RAC desirable*
• Knowledge of Multi-Tiered Application Architecture
• Strong experience and knowledge of system internals; memory management,
scheduling, TCP/IP stack, and etc.
• Strong knowledge of dns, ntp, nfs, and ftp
• Experience and knowledge Ethernet, multicast, vlan tagging, etc.
• Ability to compile Unix Kernels and Kernel modules
• Strong scripting skills (KORN, Perl, bash, Awk, Sed, etc.) Python (is a
• Experience with Networking (sub-netting, routing, etc.) and SAN concepts
(provisioning, use, etc.)
• *Experience with ITIL*
• Ability to document ‘as built’ operating guides
Also, be aware that our client conducts a criminal background check/ Test
for Drug of Abuse on candidates who are extended offers of employment.
Therefore, before we proceed with your candidacy regarding this project
*Arjun Kanakoti *
*VEDICSOFT* | *Business Intelligence. Delivered.*
Tel 732.623.9900 x 2947 | mailto:ar...@vedicsoft.com <ar...@vedicsoft.com>
13 years in IT. 400 employees. $40M in revenues.
ISO 9001 Certified in Software Development & Prof. Staffing
Top 5 Best Places to Work in NJ by NJBIZ for 2010, 2011
Inc. 500/5000 Fastest 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012
NJ Finest businesses by NJBIZ for 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
NJ Entrepreneur of the Year (Finalist) by E&Y for 2008, 2010, 2012
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IT
Auditor Resumes" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to itresu...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/itresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.