*Role:* SQL Database Administrator
*Location:* Mechanics-burg, PA
*Length:* 6 Months CTC
*No. of positions:* Multiple
*Interview type:* Phone + Face to face
This is advanced technical work involving the planning, design,
implementation, and operation of database systems supported by the
Administrative Support Application Program (ASAP) team, using SQL Server
2008/2012. The individual in the position works with a team of two DBAs who
work directly with the databases, system analysts, developers and user
support staff to maintain and enhance the ASAP projects. Duties are
performed under limited supervision.
- Creates and maintains physical database structures to support ASAP
maintenance and new development.
- Creates and maintains server jobs, database schema, database objects,
scripts and queries as required.
- Analyzes and performs administrative tasks to ensure the health of the
databases; analyzes and institutes safeguards to ensure stable and secure
- Works with network administrators and application developers to
provide performance tuning to meet application requirements.
- Researches, analyzes and resolves problems related to access, usage
and performance of database systems.
- Determines and documents daily, weekly, monthly and annual
- Develops implementation plans and schedules for software upgrades and
major modifications/enhancements, in coordination with the project manager
and lead developers.
- Writes and maintains appropriate documentation of policies and
procedures for database administration functions.
- Three years of IT experience involving the analysis, design and
maintenance of databases
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL Server 2012 and T-SQL
- IT experience involving the analysis, design and maintenance of
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Satisfactory criminal background check required.
- Bachelor’s degree with an IT-related major or minor
*Nice to Have*
- Experience with Sybase Databases
203 Elden Street
Herdon VA 20170
*The best way to reach me*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IT
Auditor Resumes" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to itresu...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/itresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.