*I have SQL DBA position for your consultant, if anyone is available please
inform me ASAP.*
*Role : SQL DBA*
*Location : Clevand, OH*
*Duration : 6 months*
*Local Candidates are preferred first.*
The SQL Server DBA is responsible for all database administration functions
in support of the Global Regulatory Product Compliance Team's Intelligent
Authoring software rollout. The IHS Intelligent Authoring application
creates globally compliant, multi-lingual documents, such as product labels
and shipping documents, which are necessary for the Global Supply Chain to
satisfy legal mandates. The application will be deployed first to regional
pilot sites then deployed globally to remaining sites as prioritized by the
The candidate will collaborate with a cross-section of internal
organizations, including application developers and business analysts, as
well as external software vendors, to complete all project milestones
within established timelines. The candidate must be able to analyze,
troubleshoot and solve technical issues in a highly visible, mission
critical environment. An emphasis is placed on skills such as installation
and customization of packaged applications, database protection strategies,
hardware and storage capacity planning, and maintaining application
response time in a high volume and high concurrency system.
*Technical Experience/Skills Required *
· 3 - 5 years experience working with SQL Server database technologies.
· Good understanding of SQL Server architecture, instances and
· Experience with Log Shipping, Mirroring, and High Availability
· Experience with implementing and supporting maintenance plans.
· Experience using SQL Profiler to diagnose and resolve response time
· Experience with activity monitoring, session management, ODBC
· Experience with implementing and supporting SQL, SSIS.
· Experience with Transact-SQL.
· Working knowledge of key Windows packages and utilities including
· Performance monitoring and tuning of development, test and production
environments including identification and tuning of poor-performing
application code and/or database configuration.
· Identify and automate regular database and application maintenance
· Work with Developers, System and Network administrators to support
and improve system performance and stability.
· Create schemes, tables, procedures, permissions and indexes.
· Monitor systems and platforms for availability.
· Oversee backups, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
· Restore and recover corrupted databases.
· Refresh development databases from production databases.
· Install and test upgrades and patches.
· Work with vendor support on technical issues.
*Non-Technical Skills Required *
· Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
· Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· The positions requires flexible work hours to accommodate scheduled
off-hour installations and support.
*Technical Experience/Skills Preferred *
Conceptual knowledge of networking, storage and virtualization
Exposure to .NET
Tim Poole | Tech Tammina
tim.tamm...@gmail.com <t...@tammina.com>| t...@tammina.com
ISO 9001 : 2008 Certified Company | Certified Minority Business Enterprise
Note: Under Bill s.1618 Title III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress this
mail cannot be considered Spam as long as we include contact information
and a remove link for removal from our mailing list. To be removed from our
mailing list reply with "remove" and include your"original email
address/addresses" in the subject heading. Include complete
address/addresses and/or domain to be removed. We will immediately update
it accordingly. We apologize for the inconvenience if any caused
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/resumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.