The IT Project Manager, while a member of the IT Project Management Office
strategically align with the Infrastructure and Operations team. The IT
Project Manager will
seamlessly partner with the Infrastructure and Operations team to
coordinate the efforts of team
members, including Business Systems Analysts, Systems Analysts, QA/Testing
or Systems Architects, as well as third party service providers in order to
support the multiple
projects in the project program or portfolio. The IT Project Manager must
demonstrate a strong
understanding of the Systems/Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), PMBOK
management processes and methodology, and a high regard for the CLIENT IT
Model. The IT Project Manager is accountable for managing the preparation
and timely delivery
of quality deliverables related to plan, execution and communication of a
The IT Project Manager role is one that requires team leadership, business
professional bearing, systems knowledge, and strong relationship management
users, IT Leadership and third party service providers.
* Business Interaction - Builds partnerships with assigned business units /
Departments. Ensure project ROI hurdles are met.
* Planning - Responsible for the development of detailed project plans to
are understood and commitment is gained to meet overall project objectives.
CLIENT's IT PMO governance framework and tools to prioritize and plan tasks
resources needed to accomplish them.
* Project Management - Overall responsibility for project activities and
assigned to them. Assures all projects are initiated and planned with
Project Scope and Management Plans, and defined with supporting detailed
Requirements and design documentation. Monitors and controls project
within determined budget and timeframes, using CLIENT's IT PMO Governance
Identifies, communicates and partners to resolve project risks and issues.
* Process Improvement Sponsor - Is a champion for the use and continual
the IT PMO methodology and processes.
* Team Building - Directs project staff toward achieving defined project
clear communication of expectations, implementation and enforcement of
policies, procedures and methodology.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration,
or other related degree
* 3-5 years' experience managing medium to large scale programs / projects
various technologies and project teams
* Experience developing complex project plans to meet business objectives
* Experience building and developing project teams
* Proven experience in strategic planning
* Proven experience in risk management
* Proven experience in change management
* Proficient in project management software, MS Project, MS SharePoint.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products: Word, PowerPoint,
Excel, Visio and
* Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
* PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification strongly preferred
* Experience working within a Share Services Organizational Governance
* Program/Portfolio Management experience involving consolidation of
project managers' status being rolled into an overall portfolio status
* Ability to build and deliver executive level presentations for project
* Experience and understanding of the following technology areas: (note:
required accountability, coordination, and execution of the entire CLIENT
SDLC, not just
the IT components)
o Human Resource Information Systems project management experience is
o Various application upgrades and replacement in both 'housed' and
o Demonstrated knowledge of recruiting and core HR systems
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills
* Knowledge and experience working in an IT department within a Fortune 500
* Experience using automated project management, portfolio management and
* 5 years' experience working in Information Technology
* Large scale Portfolio Management experience preferred
* Experience with ITIL methodology or certification preferred
* Excellent strategic and critical thinking skills
* Enthusiastic team leader
* Demonstrated sense of urgency
* Excellent relationship management skills (Personable, motivated,
* Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including
clients, vendors and other departments.
* Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to communicate upward to key stakeholders, executives and
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IT
Auditor Resumes" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to itresu...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/itresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.