A new Job, ID: 114084 <http://www.ejobsville.com/display-job/114084> was
added at eJobsVille.com - For the Best Tech Jobs in
Title: Windows Technician posted on 2014-02-20 11:12:40
*Role Description: Windows Technician*
The Windows technician role will be responsible for implementing a process
called folder redirect disassociation on the PCs of approx. 3,500 client
employees worldwide. Currently, this group of our client's employees uses
a PC configuration that enables them to automatically save their PC
"MyDocuments" user-generated data to the network "H" drive. The purpose of
the Folder Redirect Project is to remove that option and require all users
worldwide to save their user-generated data to their C drive. The process
has been tested and a scripted playbook has been created to document the
steps required. Each user's disassociation implementation must be
documented by the Windows technician so that there is proof that no data
has been lost during the process.
· Work with team of 3-4 other PC technicians under the direction of
a technical lead to execute folder redirect disassociation on approx. 30
PCs per night
· Work on-site at client's Chesterbrook, PA location, Monday
through Thursday evenings, 5 pm - 1 am
o PCs may be handled onsite, remotely, or in some combination thereof
· Execute Pre-Migration, Migration, and Post-Migration Verification
o Execute capacity script via SCCM to ensure that user has capacity on
their C drive for data being copied from H drive
o Move user object to new OU in Active Directory; update registry keys
o Initiate complete PC data backup via DruvaInSync endpoint backup
o Verify that folder redirection has been disconnected
o Verify registry settings
o Verify that DruvaInSync has backed up the data
o Document the execution before and after via screen shots, Robocopy, or
other tools (TBD) to prove that no data is lost during implementation
· Troubleshoot and resolve any issues that come up during
· Minimum of 3-5 years experience providing desktop and server
· Strong understanding of desktop/mobile/thin-client hardware.
· Experience deploying standard and custom computer images.
· Understanding of current Microsoft Windows operating system (XP
· Understanding of Active Directory, terminal services, TCP/IP and
desktop security methodologies a plus..
· Adhere to time, cost, and schedule constraints of the Folder
*Education and Experience*
· A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics,
related field or equivalent experience preferred
· 3-5 years experience in technology related work,
· Previous Biotech/Pharma experience preferred
· Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry validation/compliance
requirements and practices
· Must have strong attention to detail
· Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
· Strong listening skills
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Good technical documentation skills
· *Position to start immediately*
Click here to view full job description and
(Guest users can also apply)
eJobsVille.com - For The Best Tech Jobs In Town
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reks
and resumes" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to recruitersandresu...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/recruitersandresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.