A new Job, ID: 134070 <http://ejobsville.com/display-job/134070> was added
at eJobsVille.com - For the Best Tech Jobs in Town <http://ejobsville.com>
Title: Linux/ Cloud Engineer at Baltimore, MD posted on 2014-03-21
Job Description:*Role: Linux/Cloud Engineer*
*Location: Baltimore, MD*
*Duration: Long Term*
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Responsible for providing second level system administration support.
- Performs system administration functions including new system
configuration, software installations, and code deployments.
- Pro-active system monitoring and maintenance.
- Provides daily reports and status updates on incidents and projects.
- Other duties that are within education and experience or the incumbent
may be assigned for the betterment of the company.
- 3-7 years working in large production environments.
- 2-5 years of experience with server virtualization (e.g. KVM, VMware,
- 3-5 years of real world experience with large scale, rapid deployment
environments using Chef, Kickstart, Puppet.
- 3-5 years of real world experience in Red Hat or CentOS Linux
administration or any other comparable version of UNIX in a service
- 3-5 years of real world experience administering storage arrays.
- 3-5 years of real world experience managing LAMP or similar server
- 5-7 years of real world experience administering Unix DNS, LDAP and
- 5-7 years of real world experience of system administration level
shell scripting and process automation.
- Ability to work day, evening or overnight shifts during week and
- Must be available on-call during off hours.
- Must be able to work in time sensitive production environments.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Proven hands-on network troubleshooting experience is a plus.
- A sense of urgency and responsibility for following through.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- 3-5 years of experience supporting high trafficked Web Sites and
maintaining those sites with SLAs of 99.99% up time or greater.
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:*
- Strong knowledge supporting Red Hat Linux/ Cent OS environments
- Experience with DNS, DHCP and BIND.
- Working knowledge of complex web hosting configuration components,
including firewalls, load balancers, web and database servers. Well versed
in Apache web server.
- Solid understanding of networking technologies and protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Demonstrated
analytical/problem solving ability Time management and organizational
skills Ability and desire to learn new skills quickly
- Flexibility and the ability to operate under stressful, time-sensitive
- Ability to form and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly in technical and non-technical terms
- Ability to gather, analyze and organize information
- Ability to create, read, analyze and interpret technical diagrams and
*ADDITIONAL BENEFICIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:*
- 3-5 years of experience programming and troubleshooting python and
- 3-5 years real world experience with MYSQL database administration,
database clustering and replication.
- Red Hat Certified preferred
- VMware Certified preferred
*EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:*
- Relevant BS degree from an accredited four-Year College or University
and minimum 5-7 years of experience in Linux and network systems support.
*Look forward to hear from you at the earliest....*
*Click here to view full job description and apply
<http://ejobsville.com/display-job/134070> (Registration not mandatory to
apply for this job)*
eJobsVille.com - For The Best Tech Jobs In Town
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reks
and resumes" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to recruitersandresu...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/recruitersandresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.