I have SQL Server DBA position for your consultant, if anyone is available
please inform me ASAP.
*SQL Server DBA*
*6 months contract *
*Local to Bayarea, CA only*
*US, GC or EAD*
· Responsible for providing 24X7 support and maintenance for
company's mission critical SQL server databases and related applications
· Proactively identify risks, problems and implement best practice
solutions to improve productivity
· Continuously monitor and deploy qualitative improvements to
alerts, monitoring, maintenance, backup/recovery, cloning techniques in use
· Perform code migrations to SQL Server Databases and various
· Perform application/SQL troubleshooting and tuning in conjunction
with Microsoft to investigate error correction or defect mitigation. Take
necessary actions to minimize future system issues
· Works closely with customers to determine their strategic
business need requirements and measures system performance against
· Build and implement operational automation and documentations for
processes and procedures( creating KBs, run books, topology etc. )
· Architect and develop ETL solutions for Business Intelligence
· Perform application security configuration and administration of
· Establish effective working relationship among team members and
display team spirit
· Demonstrate self-development and continuously strive for
learning new database technologies and skills
· Demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills
· 8-10 years of experience in database development and support of
MS SQL Server environments
· Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server (
2005, 2008 and 2012)
· Strong knowledge of SQL server software installation, upgrades,
patching, backups & restores strategies, recovery models, database shrink
operations, DBCC commands, index management
· Strong knowledge of SQL server 2005/2008 implementation using MS
Win Clustering, Database mirroring and Replication.
· Experience in troubleshooting and resolving issues related to
database integrity, blocking and deadlocking, replication, log shipping,
security and connectivity issues.
· Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Performance
Monitor usage, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and
· Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU,
memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
· Strong Knowledge of T-SQL language and SQL Server tools ( SQL
Management Studio, Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system
· SQL Development - ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and
design ( stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes,
· Solid acquaintance with windows server, security delegation,
SPNs, storage components.
· Experience with MySQL and other databases is a plus
· MCDBA / MCT / MSSQL certification is a plus
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or related field is expected
Tim Poole | K-Source INC
Direct : 469-213-1614
248-458-1322 ext 222
gtalk : tim.tamm...@gmail.com <t...@tammina.com>|
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/resumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.