|Duties & Responsibilites : |
1) Expert technical knowledge and experience in the use, configuration, and system administration of IBM’s COGNOS/Clarity FSR software as installed and used at the State of NJ.
2) Expert understanding of the interfaces (and the mapping) used to import data into Clarity FSR
3) Expert interviewing capabilities, knowing what questions to ask and how to document the answers into terms understandable by those responsible working on the CAFR production
4) Expert knowledge of Microsoft suite of products (e.g., Visio, Word, MS-Project, Powerpoint, Excel) to be used to document the CAFR generation process. Documentation must be created using software supported by the State of NJ.
5) Ability to document the implementation of Clarity FSR as it is currently used by the State of NJ.
6) Expert writing abilities in the American English language, such that documentation will be grammatically correct and be understood by its recipients
7) Ability to transfer knowledge to and/or mentor State staff in the use and administration of the Clarity FSR system
8) Meets weekly (at a minimum) with those who will assume responsibility of the CAFR to discuss the status and understandability of the documentation
9) Ability to lead the migration from Clarity FSR to Cognos Disclosure Management
Highly Desirable Requirements:
1) Knowledge of governmental accounting / financial reporting
2) Ongoing technical support of COGNOS/Clarity product, to assist in such areas as problem resolution and software upgrades
3) Ongoing technical support of other software, if any, used in the generation of the CAFR
1) Visio (or software equivalent) diagram showing the relationship of all hardware and software currently being used to produce the CAFR
2) Word document supporting the above Visio diagram
3) Project Plan outlining the tasks necessary (and start/end dates) to produce the CAFR
4) Detailed document describing roles and responsibilities of all personnel involved in producing the CAFR
5) Detailed document describing how COGNOS/Clarity is set up and used to produce the CAFR
6) Detailed document describing how any other software, if any, is used to produce the CAFR
7) Completing the final documentation of the existing system
8) Support the process of preparing CAFR and preparing to transition to Cognos Disclosure Management .
- IBM's Cognos/Clarity FSR experience-Required-8 Years
- Knowledge of government accounting/financial reporting-Highly desired-5 Years
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills-Required
- Expert knowledge of the MS suite of products (i.e., Visio, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) Required-8 Years
- Ability to provide knowledge transfer Required
- Ability to lead migration from Clarity FSR to Cognos Disclosure Management-Required
- Experience with implementing Cognos Disclosure Management-Required