I have Sr. Oracle Apps DBA position for your consultant, if anyone is
avaialble please inform me ASAP.
Sr. Oracle Apps DBA
Location: Redwood City, CA
Duration: Contract – 6-9 months
Hiring: Phone + Onsite F2F
IT Exp: 8+ years
** Need Local Resources **
*Ideal Candidate *
This role requires a highly driven, organized, and technically dynamic
individual with excellent communication skills, who is able to effectively
manage the various systems. The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the
required academic criteria and experience in database administration,
convey his or her ability and willingness to work in a team, and
demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, both written and
verbal, in a professional and friendly manner.
*Your Responsibilities *
As an individual Lead contributor focusing on enabling employees to be even
more successful at their jobs, your role will be to:
· Lead global database team
· Install, maintain, support oracle databases
· Work in association with remote teams to make sure the database
environments are in good state
· Support, suggest development teams to optimize the performance of
· Support as much as possible any database
· Handle patching Oracle systems on an monthly basis in Test and
· Comply with company change request process
· Follow sox processes and procedures as required
· Comply with security policies
· Comply with information sharing policies
· Plan and devise best practices in following areas
o Establish effective database and system administration processes for
o Meet all compliance requirements for user access management
o Effective escalation management
o Work with internal and external partners to coordinate and manage above
o Quality and timely completion of the activities assigned
· Take on other duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum of 8 years relevant
experience with Oracle DB certifications highly preferred.
• Experience in managing large Oracle Database environments
including supporting multiple Oracle application instances at a single
• Extensive experience in managing Oracle databases.
• Experience in the following database and application versions required
(9.x.x.x, 10.x/ 10g/11g R/R2 and E-business 11.5.X and R12). Exposure to
Databases migration and upgrades, with experience in installation of Oracle
Applications (R12.x.x) on AIX, UNIX, Linux, Windows Platforms including
configuring Oracle, Oracle Applications Server, Oracle webdb2.1, Apache on
UNIX/AIX and NT platforms required.
• Experience in refreshing Databases, application of quarterly CPU
and functional patches for oracle applications; able to perform extensive
impact assessment of patches
• Experience in managing system administration activities in one of
the ERP platforms.
• Thorough experience & working knowledge with Oracle Database and
Oracle Applications primarily on UNIX or AIX Environments
• Extensive experience in performance optimization and tuning, with
strong knowledge from an Oracle Application perspective, RMAN.
• Added advantage and preference for experience / exposure in DR,
HA, Backup and Recovery, RAC and BPEL Support Experience
• Experience in devising and deploying best practices for enterprise
application platforms in system administration and configuration management
• Good understanding of Project or Service Management concepts.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Must have a strong troubleshooting background, great communication
skills, achievement oriented with technical capability and proven ability
to learn/adapt quickly.
• Work in 24X7 environment
• Skills in other databases other than oracle such as Mysql,
sqlserver, DB2, Teradata are highly desirable
Skills in SQL Tuning are desirable
Tim Poole | K-Source INC
Direct : 469-213-1614
248-458-1322 ext 222
gtalk : tim.tamm...@gmail.com <t...@tammina.com>|
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/resumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.