I have Business Analyst/ Project Manager position for your consultant, if
anyone is avaialble please inform me ASAP.
Role: Business Analyst/ Project Manager
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Duration: 3+ months contract
*Looking for someone who previously worked with BCBS.*
To assist assigned clients with development of initial and/or final
business case proposals for submission to the appropriate review and
approval authority. Proposal development includes the project scope
definition, objectives, and estimated resource requirements, costs and
benefits and timelines. Assist business owners in development and
documentation of business requirements, functional specifications and test
cases during project implementation. The Business Analyst monitors and
assists with skill development of project analysts assigned to support
his/her project related assignments.
*Nature and Scope: *
Primary responsibilities include developing general and company specific
business acumen and facilitating client's development of preliminary and
final business case proposals for moderate to large company projects.
Secondary responsibilities include planning and managing all phases of
small to moderate size projects using the company’s adopted project
management processes and procedures to meet organizational and/or
departmental goals and project specific time and quality goals.
- Works closely with clients to identify business needs (requirements)
and the costs and benefits of implementing a proposed solution, as a
project, in order to produce an accurate business case for the project
- Collaborates with business owners and subject matter experts to
develop an understanding of business processes and functions to aide in
completing the standard project business case related to a proposed
project, analyzing business requirements and identifying potential business
solutions; completes appropriate documentation of business case,
requirements and solutions.
- Performs project feasibility analysis, scopes project and helps client
identify alternative solutions; assist with the development of financial
worksheets related to project costs and benefits
- Works with clients to develop business process flows and to obtain a
clear understanding of their business models in order to identify potential
process improvements and efficiencies
- Ensures adherence to the company’s project and program processes and
lifecycles to ensure business and functional requirements are understood,
agreed to, documented and can be traced to measurable project success
- Ability to analyze business information and process flows, gather
requirements and translate to technical specifications required for
application programming and test strategy development.
- Assists Project Manager in preparing an appropriate transition plan
for projects prior to implementation; assists with development and review
of appropriate production documentation such as policies and procedures.
- Works with clients and IT Quality Assurance to develop a test plan
that can be executed via test scenarios and test cases to ensure expected
functionality, features, as well as traceability among business
requirements, technical specifications and testing are validated before
releasing application for User Acceptance Testing.
- Identify the functionality and features that should be tested and
create test scenarios that validate performance of the scenarios in the new
- Develop a test script that describes the details of the test scenarios
- Identify resources and functional areas that will be needed to perform
testing Represents the Project Management Office in a positive,
professional and enthusiastic manner when working with both internal and
external clients to build and maintain the respect of the Project
Management Office within the organization.
- Escalates appropriate issues or problems to the project manager or
Project Management Office Manager, as appropriate, for discussion and
- Maintain professional demeanor with team members, business owners and
fellow staff; provide confidentiality for discussions regarding projects,
position and salary information and other matters that may be discussed in
- Actively pursues personal leadership development to ensure
professional growth; consistently demonstrates a high level of quality
results and maintains expected productivity objectives.
- Accountable for complying with all laws and regulations associated
with duties and responsibilities
- Serves as Project Manager for selected projects when necessary.
- Adheres to organizational project management processes and lifecycles
to ensure that project business and functional requirements are understood,
agreed to, can be traced to measurable project success criteria and to
drive quality among projects.
*Required Skills: *
- One to two years' experience in planning and implementing small
projects including developing scope, goals, work plans, timelines,
implementation strategies and measurement processes for assessing progress
toward goals and project outcomes.
- Two years' experience supporting information gathering and business
case documentation development for proposed organization projects.
- Ability to translate business requirements into meaningful business
cases that helps management make an informed evaluation of a specific
project's risk/benefit value.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the
ability to support the Business Owner with presentation of business cases
and project related matters to Senior Management.
- Able to organize, lead and motivate assigned project personnel and
facilitate an effective team oriented work environment.
- Competently demonstrates presentation and facilitation skills working
with key stakeholders and management including executive management.
- Skilled at research and fact finding in combination with a fundamental
understanding of general business processes and organizational operations.
- Proficient analytical and basic problem solving skills complimented by
good critical thinking skills
- Experience in interpreting and translating technical and/or or complex
material into information meaningful to the business personnel.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio and MS Project.
- Must be able to competently manage multiple project related
assignments concurrently and effectively.
- Able to work proficiently with small to moderate sized projects in a
fast-paced demanding environment
- BS degree in Business, Computer Science or related field.
Tim Poole | K-Source INC
Direct : 469-213-1614
248-458-1322 ext 222
gtalk : tim.tamm...@gmail.com <t...@tammina.com>|
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/resumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.