Hope this email finds you well!!!
This is Imtiaz from Canopyone.
I have an urgent job opportunity with our Client in *Washington DC *Please
find Job Description mentioned below and let me know if you are interested
and available for below position
*Position:* Sr. VMware Engineer
*Duration*: 2+ Months (Extendable)
*Location*: San Antonio, TX
*****NOTE:::They are looking for strong VMware View, VDI experience. The
candidates they’ve spoken to so far have strong Vshpere arena experience
but lack the VDI piece. The position will most likely be 1-2 months with a
highly likely extension. Please see below and let me know if you have
anyone. They want to fill this role this week.* ****
*Why is the position open?* The role is open because they need a resource
to help with a large VMware VDI View Implementation.
Provides support of mission-critical, enterprise information systems for
SWBC; communicates and coordinates system upgrades, production changes, and
other special projects involving of VMWare VSphere 5.x, VDI servers and/or
storage; server/desktop/user virtualization, interacts with vendors as
required for troubleshooting and system upgrade planning; assists in design
processes around service-oriented models.
SWBC has been recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas
and has an immediate opening for a VMware Sr. Systems Engineer located at
our corporate headquarters.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join an
energetic and seasoned team, with an established and expanding national
Headquartered in San Antonio, SWBC is a diversified financial services
company providing a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment
services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals.
With offices across the country, SWBC is committed to providing quality
products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states.
- Provides infrastructure support exercising discretion and judgment
with various Microsoft Windows and VMware Technologies. Manages day-to-day
activities of server administration while exercising discretion and
judgment by installing, modifying, configuring, resolving problems, and
maintaining servers, printers, and storage devices; detect and fix hardware
issues in the data center environments.
- Install, build and maintain the VMWare server environments.
- Adhere to corporate and department standards.
- Monitoring, alerting and reporting performance of the VMWare
- Maintain awareness of new developments for software and server
- Develop and automate processes to expedite and streamline workloads
- Perform general VMware system administration duties
- Create templates that will build hundreds of virtual servers to run
line of business applications
- Respond to and perform advanced troubleshooting of production, and
- Contribute to the escalation communications and participate in timely
restoration of service for planned and unplanned changes
- Work tickets including root causes for not meeting services levels and
recommended actions to improve performance
- Ability to recommend and provide metrics in status or ad-hoc reports
in response to breakdowns and stakeholder requests
- Participates in weekly team meetings
- Cross-train and mentor other team members
- Restore service rapidly, using logical troubleshooting methodologies
· *Must have VMware View 6.0- VDI*
· *Must have a strong working knowledge of VMware vSphere 5.5
- *VCP 5.x preferred.*
- *Must have strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills.*
- *Must have VMware ThinApp setup and support knowledge.*
- *Must have VMware App Volumes (formely CloudVolumes) setup and support
<http://labs.hol.vmware.com/HOL/catalogs/>* is the site to learn
AppVolumes and vROps.*
- *Must have Pod and block designed in VDI.*
- *Must have vRealize Suite (this is the monitoring piece within VMWare *
- Must have a strong working knowledge of server administration such as
Microsoft Windows Active Directory, IIS, Windows updates, and backups.
- Must have a general understanding of IT network and security
procedures and standards.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP, 7, and 8 and
Microsoft Server 2003, 2008, and 2012.
- Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills in order
to effectively communicate with a wide range of personnel.
- At least 3 years experience in and technical proficiency in VMWare
- At least 3 years experience in in troubleshooting all aspects of VMware
- At least 3 years experience in supporting a Windows server environment
- At least 3 years experience in working with networking and storage
- At least 3 years experience in in Windows Server and Desktop Operating
Systems, scripting (VB, Powershell, PowerCLI, Batch File)
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
*Please Email me a copy of your WORD formatted resume along with details as
*Current Location, City and State:*
*Mobile and Home Phone No:*
*US work authorization:*
*Highest Educational degree:*
*Overall years of experience*
*Currently on a project:*
*Willingness to relocate across US: *
*Last 4 digit of SSN#*
*Available to join from* (*Availability)*:
*Expected Hourly Rate(w2/1099/c2c)*
*If this project does not match your exact skills perhaps you know of
someone with the necessary experience and availability; if so, please feel
free to forward this e-mail at your discretion or pass on their references
| *Tel: **703-831-8282 Ext. 221* |
|* fax: **703-439-2550* |
|*www.canopyone.com* <http://www.canopyone.com/> |
* Canopy One Solutions is a WBENC-certified women-owned business,
adding diversity to your business initiatives.*
*USA :* 4229 Lafayette Center Dr , Suite #1625, Chantilly, VA 20151
*Bankers Hall - West Tower, 888 - 3rd Street SW, 10th Floor, Calgary, AB
T2P 5C5 *||* *INDIA:* 4th Floor, #7, Techno Enclave, Sector 3, Hyderabad
*Disclaimer:* If you have received this email in error or prefer not to
receive such emails in the future, please reply with "REMOVE" in the
subject line. All remove requests will be honored ASAP. We sincerely
apologize for any inconvenience caused.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/resumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.