Send your resumes at adi...@unicomtec.com
*SAN / EMC Storage Engineer*
*Long Beach, CA*
*6 Months *
SAN / EMC Storage Engineer to perform SAN design and support activities
related to delivering critical client facing applications, systems and
hardware availability within Data Centers, which are operated 24x7x365.
The Storage Engineer would be involved with daily storage operational tasks
such as provisioning, storage connectivity, storage allocation, incident
problem management and the implementation of changes to the storage
operational infrastructure. May interface with clients and company internal
users on related problem resolutions.
• Perform daily storage provisioning configuration
• Perform SAN zoning configuration changes and allocate
storage to specific servers/applications
• Perform capacity planning, performance analysis and
other needs assessments as requested by upper management.
• Participate and/or lead in the planning, approval, and
implementation of Change Management requests.
• Troubleshoot/diagnose and resolve complex problems
involving servers, SAN storage and SAN switches.
• Assist with detailed technical planning for future
initiatives and/or growth.
• Design, document and build infrastructure components
related to storage solution requirements from application, systems and
• Perform on-going optimization of the systems to ensure
adequate capacity, availability and scalability.
• On-Call in a 24x7x365 environment. The Storage
Engineer would be involved with daily storage operational tasks such as
provisioning, storage connectivity, storage allocation, incident problem
management and the implementation of changes to the storage operational
infrastructure. May interface with clients and company internal users on
related problem resolutions. Supports Systems and Applications for over
2,600 dealership locations throughout North America with SLAs of greater
than 99.9% uptime availability.
Ø Knowledge & Experience: Candidate should have
• 3-5 years’ experience in administration and
configuration of distributed storage technologies – including SAN, NAS,
DAS, RAID, SCSI, Fiber Channel, FCoE
• In-depth understanding of storage design techniques,
theories, principles, and best practices.
• Experience with the following vendors/products: EMC
VNX/Clariion VMAX/Symmetrix Data Domain, VCE Vblock, Cisco MDS and/or
Brocade SAN switches.
• Understanding of data replication/mirroring strategies
and technologies used for disaster recovery/high availability, including
RecoverPoint, Data Domain, Symantec
• Experience with VMware ESX environments
• Familiarity with enterprise data center best practices
• Advanced Systems Hardware and Operating Systems
knowledge and troubleshooting capability.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to
work well under pressure.
Ø References –Required
Ø Education – Bachelor of Engineering/MS/ME/MTech
Ø Professional Certifications or Designations – relevant certifications in
*Unicom **Technologies Inc*
Phone:309-740-1565 Fax: 866-291-2541
Email: adi...@unicomtec.com URL www.unicomtec.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to reqsresu...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reqsresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.