*9to9 Software Solutions is looking for Sr SQL DBA for our client in
*Job title: Sr. SQL DBA*
*Location: Houston TX*
*Job type: 6+ Months Contract *
*Need Locals - F2F Interview*
The primary focus of the database administrator is to provide consistent
and reliable data throughout the Company’s relational database systems. The
DBA oversees server installation, security, performance monitoring and
maintenance. Institutes, monitors and tests database administration
procedures including backup and recovery. The DBA interfaces with the
development group and set the standard for the database architecture. The
DBA also works with the user community by responding to special data needs
*Essential Duties & Responsibilities:*
- Maintains the overall Server Database Management Systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of all the databases.
- Maintains the integrity of the data propagation process and associated
- Provides assistance on various report writer access, database views,
and stored procedures related to all databases.
- Establishes physical data base parameters.
- Define and document overall system architecture requirements and
specifications based on business objectives and requirements.
- Analyze and identify overall system architecture and project risks and
provide risk mitigation solutions
- Identify technical project priorities/dependencies and support the
evolution of implementation schedules
- Provide technical direction and leadership to team members through
consistent documentation and communication
- Define, manage and put into effect architectural guidelines, best
practices and standards
- Possess the ability to visualize a business construct and transfer
this into robust data models.
- Expert level across the SQL Server product stack: SSIS, Replication,
Clustering, Reporting Services, OLAP, OLTP, and Notification Services.
- Experienced in planning for and recovering environments in the event
- Forecast and plan capacity requirements and future growth needs of
specified applications and supporting infrastructure components
- Understand technical infrastructure and recommend solutions consistent
with the environment, technical knowledge, resources, availability
- Plan, design, document, and work to implement systems adhering to
architectural standards, methodologies and best practices
- Supply cost estimates to project and engagement management, including
capital and labor costs
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new
- Assist in problem determination and resolution for complex system
outages or chronic problems
- Understand end state enterprise architecture and drive organizational
alignment to the strategy
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical, organizational, and
- Strong attention to detail
- Expert-level T-SQL skills (extensive stored procedure, function and
- Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Trains users in other parts of the organization and IT.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology;
- Seven to Ten years experience administering, analyzing and/or
developing relational databases.
Technical Recruiter | 9to9 Software Solutions LLC
W: 203-678-8000 ext 202 | F: 855-929-SOFT
ki...@9to9soft.com | http://www.9to9soft.com
WMBE Certified | E-Verified Company
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/resumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.