*Role: SQL Performance testing and analysis experience*
*Location: **Redmond WA*
*Duration: 6+ month’s contract*
*This role is NOT SQL DBA role*
To support SQL Server Engineering efforts around performance engineering
for SQL v.next with focus on data warehousing, analytics and advanced
analytics. This will include one or more of the following activities done
under the supervision of senior engineer(s). There will be regular sync
with the supervising engineer(s) for status monitoring, assignment of new
task and in building analysis skills.
· Enabling performance tracking of key DW and analytics workloads
on one more configurations, including cloud options; as an example,
enabling 3TB TPCH tracking on the latest 4-socket system running Windows or
Linux. This will involve using/enhancing automation framework currently
used for tracking key workloads in the lab and cloud.
· Performance/Scalability analysis to root cause issues and also
validate the design alternatives aimed at solving the issues
· Perform characterizations to see performance impact of turning
on/off a feature and doing experiments to arrive at best practices for a
· Perform competitive study by running the workload on different
· Perform Fast Track sizing characterization on emerging platforms
· Perform enhancements to Fast Track kit to address customer issues
and in fixing any issues uncovered in validation of new platforms
· BS in computer science or equivalent
· *OS experience Windows/Linux*
· *Programming C/C++/C#, scripting (Poweshell etc)*
· *Performance testing and analysis experience covering scripting,
automation, workload generation, analysis tools like performance monitor
· Knowledge of SQL covering administration and SQL Query
· Experience is testing/development for cloud
*Phone: 267-328-4043 <267-328-4043>*
*GT: kiran.ambro...@gmail.com <kiran.ambro...@gmail.com>*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/resumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.