On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Hyrum K Wright wrote:
>> I'm looking forward to the 2nd Apache retreat at the Knockree Hostel. As
>> is my habit, I'll be attending Church services in Bray the Sunday of the
>> retreat.  As the services start at 11:00am, the busses into Bray on Sundays
>> don't start running early enough to get me there in time.  Does anybody know
>> if either a Taxi or a private car is available from the hostel to Bray that
>> morning?
> We're planning to have at least 4 cars available to help shuttle people
> between Knockree and Bray. (There'll probably be a few more, if people get
> their work to pay for them, but that's how many we're expecting to pay for).
> So, one option is that you volunteer to be one of the drivers, then you can
> give yourself (+anyone else who wants one) a lift in on the Sunday.
> (We're looking for volunteers for this. It'd probably involve a couple of
> round trips on the Friday afternoon and Monday morning, likely one on each
> of Saturday and Sunday, plus taking people with you when you head from/to
> the airport/ferry terminal)

My only concern with this plan is that I'll not be coming straight
from the airport to the retreat, but do plan on going straight from
Church to the airport (services end at 14:00, and I've a 17:30
flight).  I fear that obtaining and dropping a car will be a bit of a
logistical nightmare (and given my different schedule, not very useful
for other people).

> Also, it might be worth checking if the church in Enniskerry is a suitable
> demonination for you, as that's only half the distance.

I prefer the one in Bray, but thanks for the information, nonetheless.

I'd still like to know of taxi or car hire service is available from
the hostel.  While I haven't ruled out renting a car for the entire
stay, knowing the availability and cost of a taxi would help make that
decision.  Does anybody know how to get that information?  (Or, does
anybody have the contact information of the hostel, so I could ask
them directly?)

As a last resort, it's only a 11 km walk. :)