on 12/12/1999 4:29 PM, Douglas Davis at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Can anyone explain exactly how to get Retro to backup to a CD-R or a CD-RW?
> I go to Configure-->Devices and it can see my internal Yamaha CRW 4416
> burner, but it doesn't appear as an "available" device.

Is this a SCSI CD-RW device or an an ATAPI CD-RW device?

If it a SCSI drive and you have the Retrospect 4.2 or Retrospect 4.1 and a
current Retrospect 4.1 Driver Update, it is supported and you should be able
to backup to it.

If it is an ATAPI CD-RW drive, it will not be supported Retrospect.
Retrospect only supports SCSI CD-R/RW drives.

See the Dantz web site for more details on supported devices.

Pat