I've only got a handful of machines that backup more than 3GB on a drive.
We backup to AIT, which is a bit faster than DAT. Network is 100Base-T
for all these units. Times include verify.

    MB    min.  MB/min.
 12,173   52.8   235.0   G4/400
  7,293   36.2   201.3   G3/300
  6,869   39.0   176.2   G3/300
  5,188   25.8   201.1   G4/400
  4,753   21.6   219.9   G3/300
  4,405   35.0   125.9   iMac 233
  3,421   18.8   181.8   G3/300
  3,299   17.9   184.5   G4/400
  3,033   55.9    54.2   7600/180

Faster computers do back up faster. Time for all of these is under one
hour including verify. I'm sure 100Base-T, AIT drive, and G3/300 backup
server are all part of the equation.

Dan Knight, information systems manager       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Baker Book House Company                 <http://www.bakerbooks.com>
6030 East Fulton                                   616-676-9185 x146
Ada, Michigan 49301                                 fax 616-676-9573

  "As for Pentium PCs, well, they're harmless."