I've got a HP Surestore 5000 connected to my PM 9500, which
has Mac OS 8.1 and Retro 4.2a. When I'm backing up my laptop (a
5300c, Mac OS 8.6 and retro client 4.2a), everything looks good,
until the 9500 tries to do the comparison. At this point, my 9500
just sits there, stuck on a file (apparently at random). The tape
drives 2 lights remain lit, and the client still says its being
backed up.
        I've waited several hours and nothing happens; finally I give
up and click cancel while hitting the button to eject the tape. At
this point, the tape finally does something (eject) and the machine
finally does something - tells me that the backup was cancelled at
the operators request.
        Am I doing something wrong? Is my tape drive getting ready to
sh*t the bed?

Adam Gerstein                 O- |              | AuctionComic.com - the
ComputerBoy! Consulting & Design | http://      | only site for all your
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             | snickersnot  | your comic book needs!
http://www.computerboy.com       | .com         | http://www.auctioncomic.com
HTML coding|CGI scripting|Site development|Graphic Design|Web Whacking