On 01/27/2000 somewhere around the time of 19:07 -0500, Terry Lee spoke about "How Do
I Control Multiple Tape Devices?":

>Hi Folks,
>
>This is my first post (I'm still learning a lot about Retrospect).  I've
>been called in to provide assistance in configuring our new company backup
>strategy.  Here's our first stumbling block:  We can't seem to get
>Retrospect Backup 5.0 to control two tape drives (one internal, one
>external).  First, I'd like to know if this is possible.  If so, could
>someone point me toward some quick and simple instructions on how to
>accomplish this task.  Here are some specifics:
>
>Network:  Windows NT 4.0 (SP5)
>Server:  Dell PowerEdge 6300
>External:  Sony AIT Autoloader Unit (TSL-SA300C)
>Internal:  Dell DLT Tape Drive

All I can say is it works with the Mac version.  I have three tape drives hooked up to
one machine with Retro 4.2A and it works just fine.  Retro just seems to wait for the
correct tape to appear.
--

Ryan La Riviere

Lab Services Coordinator; Drexel University
215.895.6010
ICQ: 11747071, 44292959
http://staff.tdec.drexel.edu/larz