If you are talking Audio DAT, then no, Retrospect would have no way
of knowing how to read that format.  However, a standard Audio DAT
player would be able to play the DAT tapes into a Mac, and digitize
it.  However that would be a Digital->Analog->Digital conversion.

However, if the DAT tape contains data (mp3 files) backed-up
retrospect will be able to restore those files and toast can burn
those files to cdrom.

..Greg

At 1:46 AM -0700 1/28/00, Robin Bateman wrote:
>WARNING OT QUESTION
>
>Hi All I know this is OT but who else knows tons about DAT?
>
>I have a client with a load of DAT audio which they want to get off onto CD
>
>I know the latest version of Toast will get audio from a variety of sources
>(Vinyl etc) but I don't think it will get audio off DAT
>
>Does anyone know of sw which will get audio data off DAT to then MP3 or burn
>to CD (Mac based)
Greg Jewett, Server/Project Engineer   Phone: (512) 996-4257
Motorola IT Department                 Pager: (800) 478-4034
Parmer Lane - IT Department            ePage: [EMAIL PROTECTED]