> Subject: Re: How to save preferences for a storageset?
> From: "Zef Correal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 18:05:26 -0800
>
> Jay,
>
> Unfortunately there is not way to link a StorageSet to a specific folder in
> an immediate backup, but here are a few things you may want to consider
> trying:
>
> 1. Create a selector with all of the above conditions (System Folder,
> folders A, B, & C). You can do this by clicking on the selecting option and
> going to more choices. Diasble the ones you are not using for any given
> StorageSet before running the backup.

This is how I have been doing it. If I could get RE to remember which folders I want
to backup to each StorageSet I wouldn't need to do this manually at each backup, and,
hopefully, remember which folders to select for a particular StorageSet.

Truthfully, I am surprised that a product that is otherwise good at backing up one's
harddrive would not have this feature. How does everyone else do it? Do you write
Applescripts for each StorageSet? I know that one way to overcome this problem is to
make the folders that would be backed up by one StorageSet to be labelled either Hot
or Cool. But I'd rather not change the appearance of my folders' icons, and I would
also be limited to just three StorageSets, selected as System Folder, Cool , and Hot.

> 2. Create a script for each folder linking them to the desired StorageSet.
> Without scheduling the script, create run documents for each one and execute
> the backup by clicking on ther appropriate run document. This requires more
> work on the front end, but will be easy once you have it set-up.

Isn't RE limited to just one EasyScript? And how would I write an EasyScript so that
it is not scheduled to run at a selected day/time? I want to be able to do the backup
manually.

> Zef Correal
> Dantz Technical Support

Jay