on 3/14/2000 2:23 PM, Stefan Jeglinski at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> What about using Netatalk to mount volumes on a Unix/Linux box for
>> Retrospect to backup? Anyone doing this?
>
> Unless I'm missing something obvious, the issue that keeps coming
> back to haunt Dantz :-) is that there is no client to run on the *nix
> box. Netatalk or not, Retrospect has no way to communicate directly
> with the *nix box because there is no client to accept the
> proprietary connection.

Retro will backup files from a mounted network drive. You don't have to be
running a client on the other machine.

<><
Jon L. Gardner '89, Computer Systems Manager <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Texas A&M University Dept. of Food Services <http://food.tamu.edu/>
Tel 979.458.1839 Fax 979.845.2157 ICQ 34792860
PGP public key available at <http://food.tamu.edu/pgp/jon.html>