Kelly,

We've seen Virex cause network communication failures if you have it set to
"scan compressed files on download." This is a non-default setting that will
trigger a scan when any outside source tries to access a compressed file.
This includes Retrospect. The scan is so hard disk-intensive that the
Retrospect backup fails.

The only way around this is to disable this feature. Try going back to
default Virex settings, then changing them as desired, testing a backup
after each change.

Regards,

Matthew Tevenan
Dantz Technical Support