I'm using a new APS DAT DDS-4 (Sony) for a week now.
I can do a normal backup, I can do a normal restore and
the script I use, at night, is working fine except for one thing:
every morning I see that the tape drive has ejected the Sony DDS-4
(20G) tape after a successful backup. I insert the tape again, and
everything is ok again to make the following backup at night.
Is this normal? I don't have this problem with my two (2) other
(=older) DAT DDS drives from APS (Archive Python).

The drive is connected to a G3 server running Appleshare IP v6.2
(only as File server) System 8.6.
Retrospect 4.2 driver 1.9
(user of Retrospect since v1; 4 licences + 20 clients)

Hopefully somebody can help, because it is annoying, esspecially
during the weekends...

Marc De Sweemer
Diavak (Kodak Q-Lab)