Hi Marc,

On 3/4/00 8:48 PM, Marc De Sweemer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I'm using a new APS DAT DDS-4 (Sony) for a week now.
>I can do a normal backup, I can do a normal restore and
>the script I use, at night, is working fine except for one thing:
>every morning I see that the tape drive has ejected the Sony DDS-4
>(20G) tape after a successful backup. I insert the tape again, and
>everything is ok again to make the following backup at night.
>Is this normal? I don't have this problem with my two (2) other
>(=older) DAT DDS drives from APS (Archive Python).
>
>The drive is connected to a G3 server running Appleshare IP v6.2
>(only as File server) System 8.6.
>Retrospect 4.2 driver 1.9
>(user of Retrospect since v1; 4 licences + 20 clients)
>
>Hopefully somebody can help, because it is annoying, esspecially
>during the weekends...

There is a preference setting to eject accessed media (tapes and CDs) on
quit ... you need to turn this off.

Cheers,  Malcolm

                       Information Alchemy Pty Ltd
                             ACN 089 239 305
                           Canberra, Australia

Malcolm McLeary                                  Mobile:   0412 636 086
Managing Director                                Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

     This message was sent using Claris Emailer 2.0v3 for Macintosh.