Lisa -

You should upgrade to OS 8.6 certainly on the ASIP server, probably on
the Retro backup server as well. This should clear up ethernet problems
on these macs.

Or, if you have a 10/100 network, you should install 10/100 ethernet
cards (Asante) in the file server and backup server. This will make lots
of people happy, not just the net admins.

Just check that ASIP 5.0.3 is okay on OS 8.6; I think it isn't so you'd
need to upgrade ASIP as well. You don't necessarily need to buy a new
file server but the software upgrade would be a good idea. (any software
you spend money upgrading will be transferrable to new server hardware
when the time comes).

--

top of the world,

Luke Jaeger, Technology Coordinator
Disney Magazine Publishing
Northampton, Massachusetts
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Any opinions expressed in this message are my own and may not represent
the opinions of Disney Publishing, etc etc etc.

*