>If there is now way round this except creating a new storage set, this will
>mean that we have to create new storage sets approx every 8 months as most
>of the data, 180mb or so stays on the raid at all times.

Every 8 months. Count yourself fortunate. We backup an 80-Mac network
including one machine with 52 GB of drive space to AIT. We're averaging
33 GB per tape and five tapes per month, then start a new set. I can't
even imagine how huge a catalog file Retrospect has to go through to
perform a simple backup with a terrabyte of data in the backup set.

I suggest you plan on starting new backup sets more often.

Dan Knight, information systems manager       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Baker Book House Company                 <http://www.bakerbooks.com>
6030 East Fulton                                   616-676-9185 x146
Ada, Michigan 49301                                 fax 616-676-9573

 - Saved by grace