>Lisa -
>
>You should upgrade to OS 8.6 certainly on the ASIP server, probably on
>the Retro backup server as well. This should clear up ethernet problems
>on these macs.

ASIP 5.0.3 will work only with Mac OS 8.1.
The current rev of ASIP is 6.3.1 and requires Mac OS 9.0.4
(upgrade pricing applicable)

I am running ASIP 5.0.3 on a 9500/150 with Mac OS 8.1, Retrospect runs on the same
machine.

It has been mostly stable, but not perfect.  The important thing with ASIP is setting
enough reserved memory for other applications, and if you are running the retro client
on the server, make sure that run in background is checked and that priority is not
set all the way to backup.

For more information on running ASIP w/wo retrospect, there is a list hosted by Apple
for ASIP discussion
http://www.lists.apple.com/appleshareip.html

this topic get discussed often

Hope this helps.