Using Backup Server on my Windows 98 machine with a Travan 20 tape
drive, I find that when the tape is being rewound or searched etc., I
am not allowed to do anything to the machine (will not respond to
mouse clicks etc.) AND that the clock does not update.

It seems that the interrupt queue is somehow blocked.

Anybody else experienced this?  The clock on my server is currently
1.5hrs behind the other machines on the network, and it makes the
retrospect time update option fairly useless, as well as having
implications relating to any time codes stored in backups!