> What I have been doing:
> I have setup the virtual pc folder (which contains the one huge file known
> as the c drive to the pc world) as a separate subvolume. I then have one
> script that backs up everything BUT the virtual pc folder and a different
> script that runs once a month to backup just the subvolume.

Here's what I do.

Install VPC drive image on a large partition by itself. Periodically I
duplicate the C volume and toss the old duplicate. I exclude this Mac
partition from the backup. I setup a folder on a partition that I do
backup called WinMac Shared. Inside virtual PC I set it up as a shared
drive S:. I tell folks to put their data here. If not it might go away.
Not great but it works.