Pat Lee wrote:

> What is the configuration of your setup (computer, OS, SCSI card, other SCSI
> peripherals)? Is the Sony DAT drive a narrow (50 pin) or wide (68 pin)
> drive? What type of SCSI card is it connected to (narrow or wide)? Is this
> first drive connected to the SCSI card or is there another external drive
> connected it before it.

Yes, I should have posted that information with the original post.
9600/184mb w/ Newer G3 card, OS 9.0.4.  The drive is an APS enclosure Sony DDS-4 68 pin
wide off a Adaptec 2940UW (bus 2, id 1).  The primary drive (internal) for the machine
is also on this card (SCSI bus 2, id 6).

SCSI config looks like this:
Bus 0
id 0  IBM HD
id 3  CD-ROM
id 5  Zip
Bus 1
id 4  Yamaha CDR 4260
Bus 2
id1  DDS-4 tape [Sony SDT-10000]
id 6  Quantum Atlas 9gb

Other cards in the machine: Keyspan USB, Asante 10/100 Ethernet, Keyspan Serial Port
Expansion card (not in use), the video card.

As soon as I have a chance I intend to do the extensions thing looking for conflicts
there, but since this thing hangs on the SCSI scan, I'm not sure that that is worth the
time.

--
Craig Gaevert, A.I.A.
Architect